Dear Diary,
Our Reading Club met outside once more today, enjoying the pleasant weather while it lasts. A gentle breeze accompanied our gathering, and Father LeRoy joined us for lunch.
Thanks to Father and the Church oven, we enjoyed a cheese pizza topped with four eggs, their yolks still soft! We divided it carefully, enjoying the warm cheese and golden yolks, and thanked Father for such a delicious treat.
As usual, I read the summary of our chapter from The Fatima Story.
The children had taken shelter from heavy rain in a rocky hollow where they could still watch their sheep. After lunch and the Rosary, they were about to play when a rushing wind and a brilliant light startled them.
A beautiful young man, shining like crystal in the sun, approached through the air.
“Do not be afraid. I am the angel of Peace. Pray with me.”
Bowing his forehead to the ground, he repeated three times:
“My God, I believe, I adore, I hope in Thee and I love Thee! I beg pardon from Thee for those who do not believe, who do not hope, who do not adore, and who do not love Thee!”
He told them that the most holy hearts of Jesus and Mary would be moved by their prayer.
After he disappeared, the children remained filled with a sweet awareness of God’s presence. They had many questions, but one thing was certain: they must pray. Again and again, they bowed down and repeated his words.
Their example stayed with me. I do not need to understand everything before turning to God. I can begin by offering Him my faith, my trust, and my love.
Our afternoon also reminded me of Jesus waiting in the tabernacle. I wanted to visit Him before going home and pray for those who have forgotten His love.
Dear Jesus, help me to pray attentively and trust You with my questions.
Good night, dear Diary. May Jesus and Mary watch over all those I love, and may St. Joseph keep us in his care.
With love,
Kathy

No comments:
Post a Comment